Foundation for SETX Announces Golden Pass Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund Grant Recipients
June 05, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Executive Director, Foundation for Southeast Texas
BEAUMONT, TX —The Foundation for Southeast Texas today announced the recipients of the second round of grants from the $1.5 million Golden Pass Hurricane Harvey Recovery Fund. The fund will provide $320,000 to local organizations to support hurricane relief and mitigation efforts in Jefferson, Hardin and Orange Counties.
“The Golden Pass fund has already had a big impact on our area. Many organizations that received money in December have already completed or made significant progress in their efforts. We want to thank everyone who applied for their interest and the critical work they are doing to benefit our community,” Mellie Bevilacqua, Executive Director of the Foundation for Southeast Texas, said.
The Foundation for Southeast Texas is awarding $320,000 to 10 projects including:
1. Port Arthur Education Foundation, which will provide replacement computers and technology equipment for Lamar State College – Port Arthur lost during the storm.
2. SETX Civilian Task Force, which will repair homes in the Port Arthur area.
3. Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church, which will provide housing repairs to families in Southeast Texas.
4. Port Arthur Education Foundation, which will provide replacement uniforms to hundreds of Port Arthur ISD students.
5. Little Cypress-Mauriceville ISD, which will provide replacement technology devices for students.
6. Orangefield High School, which will provide support to purchase materials lost during the storm.
7. Nehemiah’s Vision, Inc, which will repair Port Arthur homes damaged or destroyed by the storm.
8. United Board of Missions, which will repair storm-damaged homes in Port Arthur and Sabine Pass.
9. Hardin County Strong Long Term Recovery Team, which will provide home repairs and other services to residents affected by Harvey.
10. Jefferson County Emergency Service District, which will replace emergency gear damaged by the storm and required for emergency response.
“At Golden Pass, our community is very important to us. After Harvey, we felt responsible for helping our neighbors get back on their feet. We have already seen a positive impact from the $1.2 million donated in our first round and are looking forward to seeing the impact of these projects as well,” Robert Bilnoski, Golden Pass LNG Vice President of Human Resources and Public Affairs, said.
Projects providing support in disaster mitigation infrastructure, school materials reimbursement, first responder disaster assistance (including non-official responders), hurricane-damaged housing rehabilitation and public employee disaster assistance were the emphasis for both the first and second rounds of funding. Priority was given to projects directly benefitting Port Arthur and Sabine Pass.
About the Foundation for Southeast Texas
The Foundation for Southeast Texas makes a positive difference in the quality of life in its area by encouraging philanthropic gifts and by assisting donors in achieving their charitable goals through the professional management and considered and caring distribution of such gifts.
The foundation is a nonprofit, public charity established in 1996 that accepts funds from donors, manages them and distributes them to nonprofits in the southeast Texas community and beyond. It is one of 32 community foundations across Texas and serves the needs of both donors and nonprofits in Jefferson, Orange and Hardin Counties. For more information, visit: www.cfsetx.org
About Golden Pass Products
Golden Pass Products LLC is affiliated with Golden Pass LNG Terminal LLC and Golden Pass Pipeline LLC, which since 2005 have constructed and operated the LNG import facility and distribution pipeline in Sabine Pass, Texas. Houston-headquartered Golden Pass Products LLC was formed by affiliates of Qatar Petroleum and Exxon Mobil Corporation. Golden Pass Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit: www.goldenpassproducts.com.