Golden Pass Products Files Formal FERC Application
- Beaumont Enterprise: Exxon Mobil-Qatar venture seeks permit for Sabine Pass LNG facility
- KFDM: Golden Pass files formal FERC application for multi-billion dollar project that'll create thousands of construction jobs
- Port Arthur News: Toward reality: Golden Pass files formal FERC application
- Oil & Gas Journal: Golden Pass files formal FERC application for LNG project
- Houston Business Journal: Qatar and Exxon seek LNG exporting through Houston company
- LNG Industry: Golden Pass LNG files FERC application
- Houston Chronicle: Exxon Mobil-Qatar venture seeks permit for Sabine Pass LNG facility
- Port Arthur News: Golden Pass files formal FERC application
- Natural Gas Intelligence: Golden Pass seeks FERC authority to build LNG export complex at Sabine Pass
- Hydrocarbons Technology: Golden Pass Products seeks approval for Sabine Pass LNG facility
July 07, 2014
July 7, 2014 – HOUSTON, TEXAS – Golden Pass Products LLC announced today it has submitted a formal application with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to construct and operate its proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) project at the existing world-class Golden Pass LNG import facility in Sabine Pass, Texas. This important milestone demonstrates Golden Pass Products’ continued success in advancing the project, which would bring significant and lasting benefits to the region and the U.S.
The FERC permitting process will involve an Environmental Impact Study and multiple agency regulatory reviews, a public comment period and other public input opportunities. Golden Pass Products commenced the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) pre-filing process with FERC in May 2013.
“This is a key step toward making the project a reality,” said Eric Pletcher, president of Golden Pass LNG. “To succeed in the permitting process requires years of work and investment and the determination of a strong team.”
Golden Pass Products’ shareholders, Qatar Petroleum International and ExxonMobil, are world leaders in the LNG business with operational LNG expertise, financial capabilities, access to shipping fleets, large-scale regasification facilities and a diverse global customer portfolio.
A final investment decision is expected in 2015, after which Golden Pass Products would invest approximately $10 billion over five years to build the proposed facility and would create about 45,000 direct and indirect jobs across the nation during the construction phase. During its 25-year operations phase, the project would generate about 3,800 new jobs in the U.S., including more than 200 permanent jobs at the site. The project has received U.S. Department of Energy authorization for exports to Free Trade Agreement countries and is awaiting DOE approval to export to non-FTA nations.
About Golden Pass Products
Golden Pass Products LLC is affiliated with Golden Pass LNG Terminal LLC and Golden Pass Pipeline LLC, which since 2005 have constructed and operated the LNG import facility and distribution pipeline in Sabine Pass, Texas. Houston-headquartered Golden Pass Products LLC was formed by affiliates of Qatar Petroleum and Exxon Mobil Corporation. Golden Pass Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, visit: www.goldenpassproducts.com.